Community Asset Mapping
What is Community Asset Mapping?
Community mapping is a tool that connects people to one another, their community and to their local neighborhoods.
Community asset mapping is a collective process that can be used to:
- Identify important places and gifts in our community
- Get to know each other and build social connections
- Create a vision about what we collectively care about
- Start meaningful conversations and build community partnerships
- Facilitate personal planning to build a full life in community
Stories and Events
People all over the world use community mapping to tell stories about the places they live and use it as a process to strengthen inclusion and belonging in their communities.
Please share your story with us! Visit the BC Community Mapping Network to:
- learn about other mapping projects in BC and around the world
- share and hear stories about inclusive and welcoming places in BC.
- find out about mapping sessions and inclusive events happening in your community.
- learn how to host a community mapping workshop in your community.